Friday, March 20, 2009

Good Earth Lighting GL6543-BK-GLI Lincoln Park Tochiere with Opal Glass Diffuser, Black

Customer Buzz
The product came on time with no damage. Assembling is easy, but you do need some basic "spatial capability". If you never played with Lego when you were a kid, ask someone else to assemble for you.

The lamp works fine so far. I had it for couple months. I am sure if you turn the switch on off with rough force it could break. It is not a $300 lamp made for the US army, so just be gentle with it.

I really saved a lot of money with this unit. It does the job for me and I am happy with it.

Customer Buzz
While the tochiere was quite easy to assemble, the lamp itself would not turn on. Sadly, I had to return the product. Its simplicity is quite attractive, however.

Customer Buzz
If you are at all sensitive to bright fluorescent ligt, do not purchase this lamp. On the dimmest setting possible, it is very bright. For me, it is unusable. If you want to light 5,000 sq. ft., this is the lamp to get. ott, it looks good assembled.

Customer Buzz
While this is a wonderful lamp, I do have to be honest about the foolishness of it coming with a fluorescent bulb. After I put it together, I found out that the bulb packed with the lamp was cracked from being crammed into the styrofoam packing with the rest of the lamp. It really was not a good idea, since the bulb cracked when I carefully tried to open the packaging around the bulb. I didn't even get that far in the process before I heard that awful cracking sound.

This is a very crucial point to make because of the mercury powder inside the bulb. I had to carefully put the bulb--still in its packaging--in a plastic bag and put it in my storage area because I did not want my kid inhaling this very toxic material. (I'll have to take it to the solid waste management service in my town to safely dispose of this hazardous waste tomorrow morning.)

Whatever you do, err on the side of caution and go to a local hardware store to get the replacement bulb rather than order it online. It's much safer that way, especially with the whole interstate shipping process. Were it not for this one important issue, I'd give this lamp a five-star rating. It is really a nice bit of hardware, especially when it's put together according to the instructions. It's good to have actual written assembly instructions instead of some cheap drawings with arrows to tell you what to do. Everything works just the way it's supposed to (that is, once I went to a local home improvement store and bought a couple of bulbs, just in case).

Apart from the caveats I mentioned, this is a wonderful product and would recommend it to my friends...with the proper cautions, of course.

Customer Buzz
Lamp appears to be nearly perfect for my application, but my Amazon purchase arrived with a minor but fatal manufacturing flaw: Although the assembly directions for the pole sections stress caution against cross-threading, one of the sockets itself was already cross-threaded so that the assembled pole was not straight. Return to Amazon was simple and quick, but the replacement lamp suffered from the same flaw. The second return was equally expeditious, but Amazon was unwilling to send a third. The base is very heavy, and postage must be considerable.
At this writing, Amazon only makes this item available from a 3rd party at more than twice the cost after shipping.

Customer Buzz
...cuz you might scratch the frosted coating on the glass.

Besides that, what is there to say? this is a basic light, very good for cheaply adding nice illumination to any room.

Customer Buzz
Product works well, arrived on time, and is bright enough for reading and lighting the room. My wife wanted me to replace an older quartz tourchiere that was very hot. She was concerned about overheating and the possibility of fire. The flourescent lamp runs very cool, and puts out nearly an equivalent amount of light. Not to mention uses less electricity.

About Good Earth Lighting GL6543-BK-GLI Lincoln Park Tochiere with Opal Glass Diffuser, Black detail

  • Amazon Sales Rank: #986 in Home Improvement
  • Size: 72 - inch
  • Color: Black
  • Brand: Good Earth Lighting
  • Model: GL6543-BK-GLI

Features

  • 1-55 watt 2D fluorescent included
  • 10,000 hour bulb life
  • Quality glass and metal construction
  • 5 year limited warranty
  • Energy Star & Title 24 Compliant

Related Product





Source From softcafe-20
Have a Nice Days!
Cheers

0 comments: